Friday 13 January 2012

180 Days To Go

Tis a late blog for all the right reasons. Today I got to prove a lot of people wrong. Today, not only did I get to Worcester City Centre and back within an hour walking, I could pull off high tops well enough to have someone ask me where I got my outfit. If only I could have come back and said something like 'it cost a grand, all designer'. Shame I did the maths and assessed that my outfit (excluding necklace, that would make my outfit priceless) came to a pitiful £35. The same as the coat from H&M I bought but wasn't bothered to wear today. Now, I'm not naturally a cool person, I'm not even a geek. I'm the kind of person who you'd need to have photographic memory to remember.

But obviously, I got swagger. Jagger.

No joke, today I've been (non stop) listening to 'How We Roll' by Loick Essien. I'm not usually a fan of club floor fillers, but I guess in all this confusion about assignments, teaching and relationships, my musical taste as gone less country and more... city. But in between this addictive classic, I have been totally boring myself with endless repeats of the Big Bang Theory. When I used the word 'boring', I mean 'repeatedly entertaining myself finding out how many 'ious' words Sheldon can say in one episode'. And it blew my mind when I found out that Jim Parsons (Sheldon) is, himself, gay.

I'm already dating someone ten times smarter than me. You wait for a bus all your life...

As I'm writing this... it's 25 minutes away from just 1 day till my 19th and my 6 months with my BF. I have a huge sense of glee about this, knowing how strange fate has brought together a 6 hour time difference and 7500km and somehow created nearly 6 months of perfection. But to be fair, I'm dating perfection. So... that's 20 years of perfection... add the 6 months... so I've been dating 'technically' for longer than I was alive. Because I believe in the whole 'born and wired who you love' thing.

Yeah... the BF is not dating perfection. More like damaged goods. He needs a bravery medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment