Tuesday 10 January 2012

183 Days To Go: Part 1

This is kind of a big day, whilst not being massively over-hyped. Today I'm getting to do something I've seen my parents do and helped guide their decision. Today I start house-hunting, hopefully not for the last time.

I'm nearly 19 at this point, the biggest life decision I ever used to wake up to is if I have the right clothes for my converses that I want to wear today. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would go with 3 other friends and look at possible digs to live in for possibly 2 years. I really live for the moment nowadays, so there's no doubt I'm going to relish being the one that THEY have to impress, rather than be someone else's monkey that has to dance to entertain. All of this though, it isn't what's totally on my mind. Granted it's dominating, but the thought of my birthday is creeping in.

It shouldn't really, like, 19 isn't a big birthday. But how the chips have fallen, it might turn out to be the biggest ever. See, after months of saving, if everything falls into place, then I could very well be purchasing a £800 ticket to get my first kiss. How (shamefully) romantic and pricey. And that was flowing through my mind, knowing that, on my special day, I get to make someone else feel just as good as I. As I said to those who wanted to spend time with me on my birthday (of which I haven't got anything fun planned), 'I would have just as happier birthday knowing that you were doing things that you wanted to do, rather than be stuck with me doing nothing'. That's the main difference, living away from home at university; you have to do things for yourself.

Well, I've got a hell of a birthday coming up and I can't wait to start placement knowing that my summer is on course to be the greatest. Roll on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment