Monday 9 January 2012

184 Days to Go: Part 2

780 words demolished on my assignment leads me to believe that if I do anymore, I'll be a geek. So I'll blog. That will definitely crush the stereotype.

I want to be able to say something interesting, but I fear my mind will ramble onto talking about how much I love chocolate. Because my mind does that. But I will confess something. I'm a very scared person and I will tell you for why. I've never been trusted so much in my life.

With the first block of university completed, I've conquered 1 term out of 9 that I'll have here at Worcester. I have my own room in a flat with 3 other wonderful people. I'm given all this money from the government (who want it repayed up to 50% more than I borrowed. Because apparently that's fair) and I've got to organise it so that my shortfall falls into my bursary (thank you Worcester!) and I'm not hit as hard as those who get grants. Now, this may sound mental, but it's kind of my own doing. I have had to save every last penny to follow my dreams and get to the States. I have been given a lot of help along the way and I hope this Sunday will be the last hurdle conquered before time is the only obstacle left.

If I got into my first choice university though... if they didn't lie to me... then my fight would have been a lot shorter... with much greater gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment