Monday 9 January 2012

184 Days To Go: Part 1

These blogs won't have a title per se, more a running countdown till the very special day. The date I touchdown in the States.

But this blog is way more than just me moaning about the 14 hour worry about being blown up whilst attempting to join the solo Mile-High club. This is a place to chronicle any sort of deluded thought that my mind has the audacity to create. So I shall start with the other main reason I started this blog, procrastination!

I'm supposed to be romping another essay home for my course at the University of Worcester. Turns out I have a lethal combination of Facebook, boredom and an imagination which has led me to deviate from talking about how Piaget and Vygotsky has inspired me as a teacher and rather led me down a path of melancholic thoughts thanks to the tag team forces of Jai McDowall's new album (lush!) and an ability to ramble on.

For those of you not familiar with the concept of a talented Scot (because believe me, they are a rare breed), Jai McDowall won Britain's Got Talent, beating Sony BMG's favourite little kid Ronan Parke in the final. Since then, he was buried in a recording studio and churned out 10 amazing covers. That's right, not one original track. But with such a delightful voice, I really don't care. Anyone who can cover 'With or Without You' and not muck up just how powerful it is, they deserve the Purple Cross. So that's been on instant repeat on my iPod and will certainly get me through the tough placement mornings.

Reflect later.

No comments:

Post a Comment